Experiencing an injury from an accident in Arlington is never a welcome experience. While driving on I-30, another motorist may hit your vehicle suddenly and unexpectedly. Or while shopping, you may slip and fall on a freshly mopped wet floor. Even though you try your best to avoid them, accidents can always occur in our daily lives.
In fact, from 2014 through 2018, the number of annual accidents in Arlington has been on the rise. Time and again, it is discovered that if appropriate measures had been taken, many injuries could have been avoided.
If you or your loved one experienced a personal injury in Arlington due to the negligence of someone else, don’t deal with the aftermath alone. Fielding Law is here to help. Our personal injury attorneys have decades of experience with personal injury law and can provide the legal assistance you need. Call us at (877) 880-4090 for a free consultation.
Our Practice Areas of Personal Injury Law in Arlington, TX
Personal injury is an area of law that encompasses a broad variety of claims, meant to benefit the injured victim. When this area of the law is taken advantage of, it is possible to restore what he or she has lost and to prevent others from making the same mistake that led to the accident in the first place.
There are several situations that fall under the umbrella of personal injury law. Some practice areas of our law firm in Arlington include:
- Premises liability and slip-and-falls: Property owners in Texas have a legal responsibility to maintain a safe environment for visitors. If a visitor is injured due to neglect, the owner could be held liable. This law applies to residential and commercial properties including stores, restaurants, offices, parking lots, and even sidewalks.
- Auto accidents: Each year in the US, 3 million people are injured in auto accidents. In fact, Arlington alone experienced 26 fatal crashes in 2019. In many cases, a driver was either breaking the law or distracted. In 2018, some 2,841 people across the nation lost their lives solely due to distracted driving. There are other common forms of negligence while driving including speeding, failing to yield, and DUIs.
- Pedestrian accidents: Incidents involving a pedestrian being struck by a moving vehicle occur more frequently than you would expect. These accidents are almost always catastrophic for the pedestrian. In fact, in 2019, Texas had the third-highest rate of pedestrian deaths in the US. Common causes of pedestrian accidents include distracted driving, speeding, and a failure to yield.
- Amusement park injuries: Amusement parks can be great fun for families to enjoy. However, serious or fatal accidents may occur on site. A failure to tend to hazards is often the cause. Some examples of neglect include inadequate security, poor maintenance, failure to enforce certain restrictions, and failure to keep walkways uncluttered.
- Workers’ compensation: Each employer in the county has a responsibility to provide a safe work environment. Nevertheless, in the US, a worker is injured on the job every 7 seconds. In 2018, Texas had 488 work-related deaths. Your company in Arlington may hold workers’ compensation insurance, but the adjuster may only seek to minimize the cost of your claim.
- Product liability: According to the law, manufacturers have a responsibility to make sure that their products are safe. A failure in detecting the issue, correcting the problem, or warning consumers could lead to a lawsuit for any adverse effects suffered as a result. Common types of product liability cases include prescription drugs, auto parts, toys, appliances, cleaning products, and electronics.
- Wrongful death: When someone’s negligence results in the death of another, this constitutes wrongful death. Losing a loved one can be emotionally crushing. The loss may be especially compounded, though, when it could have been avoided. Wrongful death cases cover a wide range of areas, such as motor vehicle or bicycle accidents, construction accidents, product liability, and violent acts.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Arlington, TX
After experiencing a personal injury in Arlington, you may feel absolutely overwhelmed by the change in your circumstances. Rising medical bills, coupled with the inability to return to work, may be causing you great distress. Let us assist you to provide some relief. Our attorneys will use their years of experience in personal injury law to help you get the compensation you deserve.
You should not have to pay for your injuries. It is only logical that the person responsible for your injury, or his or her insurance, should pay for your recovery. The lawyer that you choose to fight for your best interests can help you maximize that recovery.
Let Fielding Law’s Mesquite personal injury attorneys put their years of legal experience to work for you and get you every penny you deserve. Call us at (877) 880-4090 for a free consultation. We only collect for our services if we get you money.